Opp First United Methodist Church
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Meet Our Staff
Rev. Charles Satterwhite, Pastor
• Rev. Dr. G. Charles Satterwhite is an Ordained Elder, pastoring at the Opp First United Methodist Church.
• He serves in the Alabama West Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church.
• He married Ramona Duhon of Buna Texas, December 30, 1972, Cathedral of The Pines, Beaumont, Texas.
• Ramona and Charles have two great son-in-laws: Robert Keith Garrett of Gadsden, Alabama is married to Charity, and they have two sons Kaeden, 4, and Wyatt 11 months, they reside in Clermont. Fl.
• Luke Canaday Schofield of Freeport, Florida is married to Hope, they are Youth Directors, and Children's Music, in Chipley, Florida.
• Charity Leone, 32, January 25, 1979, Madrid, España
• Elizabeth Hope, 26, December 16, 1984, Mobile, Alabama
• Ramona (my wife) and I were instructor’s at the European Bible Seminary for one year while serving in Europe
• While writing my Dissertation from Asbury, I taught two Old Testament courses at Lee University in 1992
External Studies instructor for Lee University 1993-97.
I taught Introduction to OT, and NT courses, Homiletics, Major/Minor Prophets, Wisdom Literature, Apocalyptic Literature, Ezekiel/Daniel, Pastoral Care/Counseling, Personal Evangelism, Missions and other courses.
• Pastor: North Gadsden Church of God for eight years in Gadsden, Alabama..
• I enjoyed writing for the “Paper Pulpit” in a local newspaper (Gadsden, AL).
• I have written articles for major publications, including the Church of God Evangel.
• Songs for publication in Church of God convention song books.
• Served on the State PTA Board, and adjudicator for High School scholarships for three years.
• While serving In Freeport, FL, at the First United Methodist Church for the past eleven years I wrote articles for the DeFuniak Herald, DeFuniak Springs, FL
• B.S. Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie, Texas, 1972.
• M.Div. Lexington Theological Seminary, Lexington, Kentucky, 1989.
• D.Min. Asbury Seminary, Wilmore, Kentucky, 1993.
CPE: — 400 clinical hours, Baptist Hospital, Lexington, KY.
• Southwestern Assemblies of God University Alumnus Association since 1973.
• Marquis Who’s Who In Religion, Third Edition, 1985.
• Who’s Who In Christian Leadership, 1989 edition.
• Lexington Theological Seminary Alumnus Association, since 1989.
• Asbury Theological Seminary Alumni since 1993.
• “Lessons On Trials From A Teacup,” Evangel, April, 1997.
• The Book Of Daily Prayer: Morning and Evening, Cleveland, Ohio: United Church Press, 1996 (contributing author).
• “The Garden Battleground,” Evangel, Easter Edition, 1995.
• “Journaling: A Spiritual Journey With God,” Evangel, February, 1995.
• “A Blessed Land,” Powerful Praise, Pathway Music, 1995.
• “Pentecostal Fullness,” Evangel, May, 1993.
• Doctoral Dissertation: “Discovering The Right Path: Utilizing The Beatitudes As A Reflective Model For Spiritual Formation,” Asbury, Seminary, 1993.
• Master’s Thesis: “Holiness: Utilizing The Levitical Holiness Code As A Reflective Model,” Lexington Theological Seminary, 1988.
“Is Pentecostalism Changing?” Pentecostal Minister’s Magazine, Sum: 1986.
“He’s Coming Again,” Praise, Pathway Music, 1986.
“The Last Hour,” On Guard Magazine, 1980.
Helen Faye Finedore, Financial Secretary
Faye grew up in Opp and graduated from Opp High School. She married and had 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl. She retired from Federal Service of 28 years. She has lived in Fort Walton Beach, FL., Seattle, WA., Minot, ND., and New Orleans, LA., with husband who worked for The Boeing Company. She became the financial secretary of Opp First United Methodist in April of 1997.
Joe Reese Tisdale, Organist
Joe Reese Tisdale as born in Andalusia, but lived most of his life in Crestview, Florida. He graduated from Crestview High School and received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Music Education from Troy University. He has served many churches throughout the years as organist, pianist and music director.
In addition to church music, Joe was a music educator in the Opp City Schools system for twenty years. After suffering a stroke in 1985, Joe has been the organist for First United Methodist Church. He plays with his left hand and left foot, as his right side is paralyzed.
Joe loves to minister to the sick and shut-ins by mailing get well cards with some flattering and some not so flattering pictures on them. Perhaps you have received one! Please don’t blame the church, but blame this deranged organist!
Joe and Faye have three sons and two granddaughters and one grandson.
Faye Allen Tisdale, Pianist and Music Leader
Faye Allen Tisdale was born in Enterprise, Alabama. She graduated from Enterprise High School and later from Troy University with a Bachelors degree in Music Education, with a minor in piano.
Faye and Joe think grand children are wonderful! They just live too far away!
Gwen has served as a Sunday School teacher, Chairman of the Worship Committee, and currently serves on the Administrative Council. She is head of the Nursery Department, where she works with Sue Holmes.
Opp First United Methodist Church 209 East Ida Ave Opp AL 36467 Phone (334) 493-9731